Bank of Japan Tapers Purchases Prompting Bonds Sell-Off

The Bank of Japan ("BOJ") trimmed its buying of bonds due in more than 25 years by 10 billion yen ($88.9 million) to 50 billion yen at its regular operation on 21 September 2018, the first reduction since July. The central bank had said in July that it will tolerate...

read more

EM Woes Weigh on an Otherwise Quiet August

The month of August has been varied for the bond markets with 56.9% of USD bonds in our universe having a positive monthly return (ex-coupon). The remaining 43.1% of bonds have delivered a negative return for investors. The bonds with a negative price return have...

read more
Show Buttons
Hide Buttons